Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cameron Russell - TED talk

I rarely put links up without writing about the topic around them first.

This needs no introduction or explanation, and is worth a look.
As someone who has appeared emaciated she was so skinny, and progressed to be on the "obese" end of the BMI spectrum, what she says about attractiveness, perception and insecurity rings SO true. How I feel inside my own body has done nothing but improve, and yet the world around me is less and less accepting of my place in it.
I love how she pointed out the perception of appearance so effectively, and I adore her quick and effective points about discrimination on the grounds of appearance and race.
Thank you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya,
Feel welcome to post a comment on what you like or don't like.
Please use a name to make it easier to follow.
Remember; this is my space, if you want to shit on the lawn, that's fine, but don't feel hurt when I turn the hose on you.
If I feel that comments are attacking individuals I will choose not to post them.
Tough cookies.